Based on 1,000’s of authentic internal postwar Lionel documents as well as the expert observations of two leading postwar historians, Joseph P. Algozzini and Emanuel F. Piazza, this volume provides the most complete and authoritative guide to Lionel’s operating cars.
It is the first volume to include both price and rarity for COMPLETE component boxed items, including:
- All known and authenticated operating car variations
- All peripherals that came with the operating car
- Original Boxes
- Instruction Sheets
- Insert & liners
- Packed Envelopes
It also includes:
- An introduction by Roger Carp covering the history of Lionel’s operating cars
- Rarity based on actual production numbers
- Definitions of operating car suffixes
- Comprehensive appendices on boxes, trucks and couplers and box car “Types”
This is the first time this level of detail straight from postwar Lionel has been compiled. This refreshing and new research will increase any collector or operators expertise on this subject.
The soft cover edition is perfect bound with an attractive and durable "glossy" cover. This volume was manufactured to provide a timeless reference.
Soft Cover, 160 Pages, 8½" x 11", Full Color, 325+ Photos
Click Here to Download Sample Pages of Book